Check your subscription plan¶
- In the Control Panel, check the project’s Subscription, and that it includes the technical and support resources it will require once the site is live.
- Consider pinning all dependencies. This will help ensure that future deployments do not introduce unexpected software updates.
- Ensure that your Live server is configured to run with
DEBUG = False(this is the default, but may have been changed during development).
You may wish instead to follow these steps after conducting a live deployment. This will
allow you to run performance and other checks on the live site while still using our private
aldryn.io domain, so that your content is not exposed under your domain until you’re ready.
- Check that the live domain for the server is set up for the site in the Control Panel (support article: how to use your own domain with Divio Cloud).
- Check that any domains that should redirect to the primary domain are also set in the Domains setting in the Control Panel.
- If required, enable redirects to HTTPS by setting the
SECURE_SSL_REDIRECT environment variable to
- Check that any other environment variables required on Live have been set (support article: How to use environment variables with your projects).
- Check the Aldryn Django addon configuration. We recommend the Has static filenames option, which lets you take advantage of caching.
- Check your project’s
settings.pyfor any settings that may have been temporarily configured during development.
- Run a deployment of the Live server. If you have been using the Test server to build content prior to launch, us the Copy data from Test and deploy option.
- Run a crawler on the live site to check for broken links, such as the W3C Link Checker or the open-source LinkChecker application.
- Check your site as a logged-in user, an anonymous user and in your browser’s private/incognito mode to verify expected behaviour.
- Check response times with a tool such Pingdom.
- If necessary, allocate more resources to the project via its Subscription and consult the How to fine-tune your server’s performance guide.